You can return an unwanted product to us provided:
- it is undamaged and unused, with the original labels and stickers still attached;
- it is in the original packaging, which must be undamaged and in its original condition with all seals still intact (if applicable);
- it is not missing any accessories or parts;
- you log a return with us within 7 days of delivery to you of the unwanted product.
- After 7 days, you can only return a product if it is defective; and if it is not one of the products listed below.
Changed your mind?
Where you have changed your mind and would like a credit for a product, you can return it – provided the product is not:
- a digital product such as an eBook or other digital downloads such as Apps or other computer software;
- an audio or video recording or computer software that has been unsealed;
- a product which has been personalised for you or made to your specifications.
Should you wish to return any product to us, we will arrange for the collection of that product from you. The direct cost of returning the product to us will, however, be for your own account and will be set-off against any amount that stands to be refunded to you.
Not what you ordered?
If we accidentally deliver the wrong product to you, or if the product is not as described on The Chrome Store website, please notify us and we will collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice deliver the correct product to you as soon as possible (if the correct product is available); or credit your account with the purchase price of the product within 10 days of the return (or refund you if that is your preference).
Products damaged on delivery
Should a product be damaged or missing any parts or accessories at the time of delivery, please notify us within 7 days of such delivery by logging a return with us by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will arrange to collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice repair / replace the product as soon as possible (if such repair is possible / we have the same product in stock to use as a replacement) or credit your account with the purchase price of the product (or refund you if that is your preference).
We do our best to ensure that the products we deliver to you are of a high quality, and are in good working order, without any defects.
What is a defect? A defect is a material imperfection in the manufacture of a product or any characteristic of a product, which makes the product less acceptable than one would reasonably be entitled to expect in the circumstances.
The following will NOT be regarded as defects and will not entitle you to a return under this section:
- faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
- damage arising from electrical surges or sea air corrosion;
- damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product;
- damage arising from unauthorised alterations to the product;
- where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the website and generally fit for its intended purpose, does not suit you.
If you have received a product which turns out to be defective or otherwise of poor quality, please notify us as soon as reasonably possible after you become aware of the defect or poor quality, but in any event within 6 months after delivery of the product (except in the case of an extended supplier warranty, which is set out below).
You can do so by e-mailing us at email@example.com, we will then direct you to the relevant supplier who will arrange the collection, repair, and return of the product from you at no charge.
Where there is no extended supplier warranty period, unfortunately, we cannot facilitate returns that fall outside of the 6 month period.
Direct Warranty & Extended Warranty (stipulated on product page)
Certain products such as Acer Chromebooks will be subject to a direct warranty. Further details of such warranties may be found on the particular product page.
If a direct warranty product turns out to be defective or otherwise of poor quality, please notify us and we will provide you with the relevant manufacturer’s contact details. Alternatively, you can notify the manufacturer directly if you already have their details. The manufacturer will then assist you further. If you have any difficulty, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you where we can.
An extended supplier warranty may be purchased in respect of Acer Chromebooks. Please note that any extended supplier warranty is subject to whatever terms and conditions the manufacturer may impose. These are usually stated in a brochure or leaflet inside or on the product packaging. It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of any such terms and conditions.
The extended supplier warranty will require activation with the manufacturer in accordance with the manufacturer’s terms and conditions. You will be responsible for the activation of such extended warranty, failing which, your extended supplier warranty may be found to be invalid. We cannot be held liable for any failure on your part, to comply with any prescribed requirements for the validity of such warranty.
It is also important to note that the extended warranty is offered by the manufacturer and not Cloud Education Solutions. It will, therefore, be within the manufacturer’s discretion as to what remedy it can offer you. We are therefore under no obligation to provide you with a credit, repair / replacement, as your remedy lies with the manufacturer.
If such a product turns out to be defective more than 12 months after delivery, you may notify the manufacturer directly. The manufacturer will then assist you further. If you have any difficulty, please let us know. We would be happy to assist you where we can. You can do so by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
eBooks are treated differently to other products when it comes to returns, given their digital nature and the fact that technical knowledge of eBooks may be required to assist you if the eBook does not work. Once you purchase an eBook, we will only allow you to return it if it is defective.
Any defect in an eBook shall be dealt with as follows:
- Should you experience any problems in accessing the eBook, in opening or reading the eBook itself, or if the eBook is defective in some other way (missing pages, incorrect book, etc), please get in contact with us on email@example.com, as soon as reasonably possible after you become aware of the problem, but in any event within 6 months of purchase.
- As a result, we will investigate the possible cause/s of the problem and how to rectify them. We may need to liaise with the relevant service providers to assess and rectify the problem or to issue you with a replacement eBook of the same title.
- If the eBook is defective, we will at your choice replace it (if such replacement is possible) or credit your account with the purchase price of the eBook (or refund you if that is your preference).
Charges and refunds
If you return a defective product (excluding eBooks) to us, but you fail to return all of the accessories and parts that were sold with that product, we are entitled to (subject to applicable law) to refuse the return, only to replace the item that you did return, or to estimate the value of the missing accessories and parts and only to credit or refund you in respect of the returned item.
If you return a product (excluding eBooks) that does not comply with this Policy, you may be liable to reimburse us for the cost of collecting the product from you and the cost of having the product returned to you.
Please note that we only refund to the payment method that you originally used – i.e. payment by credit card will be refunded to the same credit card and payment by EFT will be refunded to your nominated bank account.